This password is required to access the UGA Libraries' online resources in GALILEO from off campus and on some wireless networks.
- Click here or go to GIL and click on the Your Account link
- Enter the complete number under the barcode on back of your UGA ID card or your 9-digit 810 number
- If you have not gotten a PIN (personal identification number) enter your last name, and click "Get my PIN." A PIN will be emailed immediately to the email address on file for your account (usually your uga email address - check your spam or trash folders if it does not turn up!)
- Get your PIN from email, and go back to the login page. Enter your barcode, last name AND PIN, hit 'Logon' and you'll get the Galileo password for the semester.
NOTE: The password changes every semester. If your library account is blocked due to overdue books and/or fines you will be unable to access the password. Contact Access Services at (706) 542-3256 if you have any trouble getting a PIN or getting into your account.
Basic Research Resources
Library Home Page : central location for GIL, the UGA Libraries catalog, GALILEO collection of databases, links to research help, and more library services
GIL Classic : what the Libraries own and where we keep it, with structured searching software
GILFind Beta : what the Libraries own and where we keep it, with more Google-like search software, links to Google Books, and other features, like favorite lists, suggested citations, and ability to text call numbers
GIL Express : catalog of libraries across the University System; click "Request" at the top of the screen to have a book sent from another library
Multisearch : Find books and articles with one search
GALILEO : collection of research databases, including:
- Academic Search Complete : multi-subject database with articles from scholarly journals and news magazines
- JSTOR : core journals in many fields from their first issue (dating to the 1700s in some cases) to 3-5 years ago
- MLA Bibliography : index to journals in international literature