GILFind & GILExpress
- Keyword Searching - Choose a keyword search to combine words and narrow your results. For example, try landscape plus a particular place, a technique name, or try a personal name like Dewey, John.
- To find DVDs, do a keyword search and add DVD as Keyword Anywhere. Or you can search for Art:21 or some other known title to see what we have. Check out DVDs from the Media Department desk in the Main Library Basement. Check their hours to make sure they are open when you come.
GILExpress (https://giluc.usg.edu/) - Search the GIL Universal catalog to find books from other University System of Georgia libraries and have them delivered to you for FREE!
- Search the GIL Universal catalog
- Find the book you want to borrow
- Click on the "GIL Express Request" link at the top of the page
- Choose the University of Georgia as your Home Institution and log in with your name, PIN, and barcode number
- The book should be available to you at the pick up location you chose (Main Library or Science Library) within a few days.
Renewals - You may renew books twice online by logging on to your GIL account. You may continue to renew books in person, as long as the item you have has not been recalled by another researcher.
Multi-Search (GALILEO): Searches 90 databases covering all disciplines plus the library catalog GIL to find articles from scholarly journals, magazines, and newspapers as well as books and dissertations. Use the left menu to narrow your results to certain publication dates or by 'Source Types' such as 'Peer Reviewed' or 'Periodicals.' Use AND between your keywords to narrow your results, OR to broaden, and the asterisk to look for variations in a word:
- degas AND print*
- "art education" AND (multiculturalism OR diversity) AND museums.
Art-specific databases in Multisearch include:
- Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals - drawing upon 1000 journals, the Avery Index provides bibliographic citations on archeology, city planning, interior design, and historic preservation, as well as architecture.
- Art & Architecture Complete - provides the full text for articles from more than 240 scholarly journals, magazines, and trade publications along with indexing for more than 630 more periodicals and selected books. 1920s - present.
- Art Index Retrospective - includes the printed Art Index volumes 1-32 published between 1929-1984. This bibliographic database lists articles from sources published worldwide, including periodicals, yearbooks, and museum bulletins, as well as reproductions of works of art that appear in indexed periodicals.
Oxford Art Online
Oxford Art Online provides online access to the entire text of the 34-volume Dictionary of Art plus newly-commissioned articles. The database includes over 45,000 articles on every aspect of the visual arts from prehistory through the present. Through an alliance with The Bridgeman Art Library, the database offers access to over 130,000 searchable images.
- Coverage Dates: Print edition published in 1996
- Updated: Ongoing
- URL: http://www.galileo.usg.edu/express?link=zvda
The ARTstor Digital Library offers more than one million images in the arts, architecture, humanities, and social sciences with a suite of software tools to view, present, and manage images for research and pedagogical purposes. ARTstor collections comprise contributions from outstanding museums, photographers, libraries, scholars, photo archives, and artists and artists' estates.
- Coverage Dates: The images in ARTstor are drawn from collections covering all periods in the history of art.
- Updated: New collections are added to ARTstor on an ongoing basis.
- URL: http://www.galileo.usg.edu/express?link=aro9-uga1
Hudson River School - Websites
Google Art Project - Visit some of the world's greatest art museums online. High quality images inside and upclose.
- Chat with a librarian online at http://www.libs.uga.edu/chat.
- In person at the Main and Science Libraries and on the 3rd floor of the Miller Learning Center (SLC).
- Email Caroline Barratt (email@example.com) with questions or to set up an appointment.
- Endnote / Refworks
Your GIL Account - Log on to GIL to renew books online, check the status of GILExpress requests, and get the off campus password for the article databases.
UGA Libraries Hours - Main and Science http://www.libs.uga.edu/access_services/hours.html / Miller Learning Center http://www.slc.uga.edu/hours/index.html