Ask for Help!
No need to struggle on your own! You can get immediate research help from a librarian, day or evening, using the chat box at left or calling the reference department at 706-542-3251. (Hours of availability).
If you'd like more indepth research help just fill out a research conference request form - you'll get a reply within 24 hours. And feel free to email me directly too!
Computer Help: UGA's computer support unit can assist you with hardware and software questions. Details.
Your Library Account
- renew books online
- check for library fines or recalled books
- see the status of books you've put on hold or requested through GIL Express.
- View the current GALILEO password (required to access the GALILEO databases from off-campus)
If you have any trouble logging into your account, call our Access Services Dept: 706/542-3256.
Citation Mangement Software
An essential tool for scholarly writing! This software enables you to:
- import references from all GALILEO databases and Google Scholar
- organize all your references
- store full text articles
- automatically create your works cited list as you compose
There are many citation software packages out there - the UGA Library provides students with a free account for the two most popular and versatile, Endnote or Refworks. See more details under the Endnote/Refworks tab in this guide.