Interpret the Data
Total - Number of adults age 18+ in the USSimmons Total Population.
Sample -- the actual number of respondents to the Simmons survey who meet the specifications of both the Row and the Column.
000's -- a projection statistically derived from the actual number of survey respondents and which represents the number of adults in the U.S. population who meet the specifications of both the Row and the Column. When reading, add three zeros (000) to the end of the number.
Vert% -- Vertical % or Percent Down. The percentage of people who have a given characteristic as defined by the Column heading.
Horz% -- Horizontal % or Percent Across. The percentage of people who have a given characteristic as defined by the Row heading.
Index -- Indicates the likelihood, compared to the total population, of meeting the specifications of both Column and Row. The base number for comparison is 100. Over 100 is more likely, under 100 less likely, to meet the specification.
Base -- Percentage of the currently selected base/filter that the cell represents.
Beware! -- A single asterisk "*" in your crosstab result means the projections are relatively unstable and should be used with caution. Two asterisks "**" means the projections are from thirty or fewer interviews. These results are not sufficiently reliable to be safely used alone.
- How do I create a simple crosstab? Click on the Study button and select the desired study, Drag and drop your selections onto Columns and Rows, Click the Run Crosstab button, Go to the Crosstab Viewer and view the results in either Crosstab or Private Eye view.
- How do I create a trending crosstab? Click on the Study button and select the desired study, Drag and drop your selections onto Columns and Rows, Click the Trend button, Go to the Crosstab Viewer and view the results in Trend view
- How do I export? In the Crosstab Editor, set up the crosstab or trend. If there are many rows or cloumns, then it is best to export directly. Click on the Export button on the Crosstab Editor. If you need to view the report and then decide to export, click on the Export button on the Crosstab Viewer.
- How do I change the study? Click on the Study button. Highlight the study report you want and click on "ok".
- How come I did not see a study on a particular subject? The subscription contract with Experian Simmons does not entitle you to access that study.
- How do I use the Coding Box? Drag and drop your selections from the Search to the coding box. Enter appropriate logical operators (either typing directly or using the provided buttons). Click on the Verify Target button. If the box turns red, this indicates an error in the expression. Fix the error and click on the Verify Target button again. Once the box turns green, use the coding box action button to move the expression to column, row or base.